2 hours around Danville....

Started by E.M. Bell, June 30, 2007, 10:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

After sleeping late this morning (didnt get up till almost 0730,,wasted half the day)...I decided to head down to Danville for a few hours. I hadnt been out for any length of time since Derby weekend, and it seemed like the thing to do. It was cloudy, but what the heck...

I arrived out at the Wye and the place was crawling with trains. A bunch of Southbounds where close, and a Eastbound was ready to come off the Louisville Side. First up was 375, which pulled up to Faulkner road for fuel and a new Crew. I spent the time watching him change out down at the crossing while a pair of weed weasels hid in the weeds (imagine that) just out of view to see if the crew did what they where supposed to do. Those Guys spent a couple of hours there at the wye watching the trains and pulling out the radar gun a few times.

375 is fueling on Two track as a former CR GE leads 175 at North Wye.

Right behind 175 was the always hot 229, seen here crossing over One to Two, threading between a stopped 375 and 116 at North Wye.

375 eases around towards the Louisville Side ready to head West.

A worn looking 2541 leads 375 at North Wye...that poor things needs some attention from the Debutts paint shop.

after block swapping at Danville, Southbound 229 rolls through the interlocker at Bowen KY.

Right behind 229 is a heavy 111, being lead by a Deuce.

One more shot of the 111, rolling across single track at the top of the Moreland (KY) hill.

Right before I decided to get out of the heat and head home, Westbound 160 pulled out of the Danville Yard with nice trio of EMD's..SD70m-2, a CEFX bluebird SD40-2 and a NS SD60.

Buired back in a block of empty grain on 160 was this gem, still sporting its NS markings, and I mean the real NS, before any motors had the horse on the nose...dont know what I am talking about?? Goggle it  ;D

-- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to travel to Indiana on business last weekend, and of course had the camera with me. Here is a Eastbound CSX train on the old B&O, crossing the LIRC at Seymour Indiana.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

R Federle

Nice shots E.M.,

I particularly like that last one with the B&O CPL.  I'm gonna' miss them things.

Robert Federle

nscnotp1

A great set of shots, Emmett. I am starting to miss NS. Seeing UP yellow all the time here just wants me to head north to get some CN near Waterloo.

TRNBUF

Why is it that the signal shows 2 red(stop indication) and the light on top is white.  I thought it only turned white when it shows 2 green lights(clear indication)?  ???

Nice shots by the way!!!  ;)

R Federle

Stop and Proceed.

Robert Federle

John D

"Weed weasels"   ??    That's a new one for me...and I'm assuming it's not a complimentary term :)

John D.
John D

Michael Knight

As always, nice shots, Emmett!

Hidin' in the bushes; you say testing, I say trappin'.

Hoydie17

Quote from: TRNBUF on July 01, 2007, 01:29:41 AM
Why is it that the signal shows 2 red(stop indication) and the light on top is white.  I thought it only turned white when it shows 2 green lights(clear indication)?  ???

Nice shots by the way!!!  ;)

On the B&O, that is a signal known as "Restricted Proceed".   Like Rob says, it's the old B&O's way of saying stop short of the signal, and proceed at restricted speed after stopping.   

Generally, if you see that restricted proceed on an absolute signal, it means another train is lined up behind the first, if it's an intermediate signal, it could be part of the auto-clearing feature for that block. 
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

E.M. Bell

That CSX train was running on a restricted blocks..they stopped just down from where the last shot was made to line a switch that was against them for what ever reason.  I thought that there was gonna be a meet, but it didnt work out anyway. I had a meeting that night to attend, and would have looked funny all dressed up wandering around the tracks there in downtown anyway...

As someone once said..."if they aint all red, they aint red at all...highball"

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk