NS through the Peidmont of NC (and a some amcrash too)

Started by JCagle, February 17, 2007, 12:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCagle

I've been realy slack in getting any photos posted lately, so I thought a cloudy Saturday would be perfect for getting some pictures put up to share. This is a collection of random stuff from all throughout 2006.  I don't have symbols on most of these, because I lost a lot of my log info in a hard drive crash.
Enjoy!

Southbound at Kannapolis, NC

A Siemens High And Wide crossing I-85 at Concord NC

Another Southbound at Kannapolis, NC

Amtrak 74 (The Peidmont) passes Concord, NC

A rollby at Kannapolis, NC While P41 is tied down for the weekend in the background.

Shoving into Duke at Five Row, NC

Waiting for the Highball at North Kannapolis, NC

A broken knuckle put this train in emergency in North Kannapolis, NC. If you look closely you can see the conductor flagging the crossing for an approaching southbound due to a broken crossing gate.

Racing South at Kannapolis, NC

Yes, That's a dash running Southern at Five Row, NC

P41 makes their last trip of 2006 heading South.

Getting out of Spencer Yard at Salisbury, NC

Amtrak 73 ( Peidmont) Passes the construction of the North Carolina Research Campus.

Running up the Old Fort Loops near Old Fort, NC

Passing the offices at Barber Junction, NC

Heading west from the Peidmont Main to The S Line.

Waiting for a new crew with empties at Duke near Five Row, NC

Snaking to the Peidmont from the S Line at Salisbury, NC

A Herzog Ballast train awaits a Green at Ellis Street in Salisbury.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

stillbre

Jason,
Good looking shots.  Nice to see some local action on this list.  Keep 'em comin'.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

JCagle

Thanks Josh. I'll keep more coming as I dig through and find them. UnfortunatelyI havn't had a lot of time to do much photography lately due to work. That should be changing soon.

stillbre

Jason,
I'm in the same boat.  Between just getting married and working upwards of 60 hours a week, it doesn't leave much time for railfanning, let alone editing the photos.  I've got a backlog of about a year's worth of photos.  I'll try and post my own as hey get edited.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

JCagle

Congrats on tying the knot. I'm getting ready to change positions and companies so things are going to improve on my end. It sounds like you'll just be getting a honey do list lol!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk